The DBWScript is the software for MS Access databases to generate sql scripts.
It generates MSAccess sql dialect scripts to recreate MDB/ACCDB databases.
It generates MSSQL scripts from MSAccess files. See how to convert MSAccess database to MSSQL script.
It converts MSAccess database to MySQL script file.
It is nice to have the Data Definition Language (DDL) script working with a database.
It serves for such aims as:
- to get the DDL script of the MS Access database
- to get the data/content script
- to recreate a database schema (tables, fields, indexes, keys, constraints)
- to store the creation script in the source control as a text file
- to quickly modify the creation script and create a new database
- to get a part of the DDL script and to use it in an application
and solve other similar problems.
The DBWScript helps to solve these tasks and converts the MDB file structure to the creation script. To do this, simply choose a MS Access database and the script will be generated.
DBWScript can be used with the command line parameters. It allows you to run it using the build system like ant, nant, msbuild and so on.
The distribution kit also includes DBWConsole, the tool to execute the DDL scripts. It has a user friendly interface and is simple in use. You can open the existing database File > Open Mdb or create a new one File > Create Mdb.
Then put the creation script into the window or load from a file using File > Open SQL.
And then run the script pressing the Run button.
Read more about DBWConsole usage